Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Latest......

Well, I have had a few questions regarding how the meeting went with Lifeline last week and what made us decide on China!! Well, the main reason is because, quite frankly, I do not want to stand up to the big guy and say "It just did not sound like a good idea to me!!" I don't think that would go over to well.

The meeting that we had with both social workers for international and domestic went great!! Lifeline Childrens Services is a fantastic facility and it really felt great to be there!! After listening to both social workers and after we asked where the greatest need was and was told China, we knew that was where God wanted us to go!! Just the feeling of surety that come over both of us was fascinating!!! I have never been so sure of something in my life, and that is because Jesus has his hand in every decision that we make!! Boy, does it ever feel so good!!

Why did we not choose to have another child of our own? Good question!! We prayed about everything from having another child on our own to adoption. And again, God burdened me with the thoughts of adoption every day, even when I asked him to take it away!! He definitely told me, "No, not this time!!" Just to know that Steve, myself, Carson and Hailey will be making a difference in a child's life that could have possibly never heard the word of God or to be raised in a christian home with a loving family and to be given more love and support, just seemed right!! My heart is overflowing with love for adoption!! Steve and I both have so much passion now for adoption and telling our story. Praise the Lord!!

Tomorrow we will be dropping off our application!! We should hear something in a week as to what the next steps will be. This is another step towards our next "surprise party" with the Lord!!! Please keep us in your prayers and just know that helps more so than anything else!!!

-Blessings!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment