Monday, January 23, 2012

What a fabulous update!!! Gotta read, We Won And Our Lifesong Grant was Matched!! PTL!!!


Last week was quite an amazing week and I know that I lit your facebook pages up, email boxes up and when you saw me it was OH all over me!! Well, to tell you the truth, it is totally out of my comfort zone to do any of those things. I have always hated to ask anyone for anything, but that suddenly changed 9 months ago when our world was changed forever..........for one!! When God leads you on a journey, be sure to know that this is his journey that he needs your help on and his story for you to tell!!! You better be ready to go at his speed!! There have been many times that I have tried to take control and do it myself, but found out really quickly, that is not how he wants it and he will let you know. We have had a timeline set on each goal on when we thought we should receive our approvals from different places. Our timeline has not be right yet. For example - Passports, normally take 4 weeks, they took 2, approval from Immigration should take 90 days, it took 67 days!!! Everything is coming back sooner and we are super excited about it, but I will tell you when Jesus says GO, you better GO!! Going at Jesus speed is exhausting, but the rewards have been great!!! I have felt all along that he has been wanting us to go, go, go!!! So, my advice to you guys, sit still, listen and be ready to Go, when he says GO!!!!

So, what else has happened these past 10 days???? As I explained in Sunday school, we were so blessed to have someone match our $2500.00 grant with Lifesong!! The story is below that I have promised to share. 

A few months ago right after the Swing for Adoption golf tournament, I posted on my wall that we just made our next goal and was about to mail in our 2nd payment and we were thrilled about it. I explained that we had a few more to go, maybe I said something like, "2 more payments to Lifeline and also our dossier payment". It was not a few seconds later, that I received an instant message asking me questions about our payments and how much they were. Well, I gladly shared the amount of our payments and our dossier payment. A few seconds later, I received another message stating that she would love to help and felt lead by God to help us make our last payment. Tears of joy just ran down my face and I explained how grateful we were, well I was, because I could not shake Steve hard enough to wake him up! He had been carrying his golf clubs all over the golf course, he was tired!! :) I explained to her that it was between her and God and when she felt lead to provide the donation, that we would gladly except!! God works in awesome ways and a few weeks later, Steve and I applied for a grant with Lifesong. It took them about 10 weeks to reply, which is normal. Friday, January 13th, we received a phone call from Lifesong stating that we have been approved for a matching grant in the amount of $2500.00!! Woohoo!! Super excited!! I immediately sent text messages to my friends and family, called Steve to let him know! That was huge to me!! When I got home, I posted about it on Facebook and a few days later, I received a message from her and she needed to know Lifesong's information. I gladly gave it to her on Sunday, January 15th. On Tuesday, January 17th, I received a heart felt message from her stating that as she types, tears are flowing down her face, because she just mailed $2500.00 to Lifesong to match our grant!!! Our matching grant is now met and our hero is Kathy McCulley! Hallelujah!! This donation was made in honor of her niece, Torrey McCulley. Torrey passed away during her open heart surgery when she was only 5 months old. On January 16th was her birthday! What an amazing birthday gift to Torrey in heaven! And for this to be in honor of a precious child that is rejoicing in heaven over this amazing contribution from her Godly Aunt Kathy to bring our child home from China!! What an amazing heart Ms. McCulley has and what it means to not only us, but to our Awesome God!! God gets the glory and we get the joy!! Oh and she purchased a donkey that she named "BOYD"!!! Ha!! What a huge blessing Kathy is to us and our family!!! So, what I know of at LIfesong is a total of $5750.00!!

Now, what you guys have been waiting on for 10 days!!! I am proud to announce that we are in the TOP 3!!!!!! A total of $ 2275.95      was sold with a profit of $ 910.38!!! We have so many folks to thank for being our Ordinary Hero's and helping us bring our baby home from China!! We are so blessed with a wonderful family, church family and friends!!! Thanks to all Our Ordinary Hero's, Brian and Kimi Gilliland, Kim Perkins, Reginna Allison, Stephanie Brook, Christy Coggins, Bridget Shirley, Bevin Tomlin, Charlotte West, Kathy McCulley, Lyndsey Tibbs, Kari Tibbs, Shawn Dickson, Ashley Stricklin, Meagan Hyde, Brandi Abernathy, Kathy Bates, Lori Lawrence, Jeri Boyd, Nicole Rudd, Missy Bittle, Katy Wallace, Melissa Burdick, Dejah Greene, Virginia Holloway, Karmen Johnson, Lee Ann Conger, Jennifer Reaves, Robyn Nunley, Robert & Renee Pelfrey, Reagan Bellenger, Samantha Ross, Bradley Leonard, Wendy Woods, Nikki Nunnally, Denise Davis, Alyson and Erick Anderton. I believe there are a few more, but I have not received those names yet!!!

So between Lifesong and Ordinary Hero, that brings our total that God raised in just 10 days is $ 7,160.38. We still have $ 1,204.00 saved up, so that would total $ 8,364.38!! Wow!! What a way to start this 2012 year on our adoption journey!! God is so good and if you had doubt for one minute, it was not possible, he proved us wrong!!

I hope that if you feel lead to adoption or foster that you continue to pray about and answer to the one and only, our God!! He knows what he wants and will continue to stir your hearts and minds!!! 

God Bless you all!!! We love you and are super excited that you guys are following us on this most fabulous journey!! Please continue to pray for us!!!

In his name, 
Steve and Julie Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment