Thursday, January 12, 2012

What a great start to a 2012!!

2012 has been a great year so far!! God has been so faithful!! We praise him for all he has done for us. Tuesday I came home from work and went to the mailbox and pulled out an envelope from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. I thought to myself before I opened it, oh no, what is wrong?? We were not supposed to hear from them until the end of January, so something has got to be wrong!! Thank you Jesus nothing was wrong, but everything was right!! We have been approved by Immigration!!! Nothing is ever wrong when Jesus is involved!! Hallelujah!!!
This is a huge step and just a visual that this is really happening!! God is so good!! We are so blessed and so thankful for this journey!! We can not wait for the next few months to pass and to get closer to traveling to China!!! 

In the very beginning we knew that this was not going to be an easy journey and we knew that we had to have complete faith in the one and the only, Jesus!! We have gone through much stress, but continued to pray and keep him first. We know that instead of dashing forward towards our enormous goal, that we would try our hardest to slow down and enjoy this journey with God. We have alot more money to raise....might I add it is $18,000.00!!! Yes, that is correct!! You say, "How in the world?" Well, I said the same thing over and over again to myself and to Steve. When I initially set our goal, I left out the expenses of our children traveling to China with us. What an experience they are going to have!! I have kept them involved and I want them to experience the journey as Steve and I do. They are apart of this and we will continue to keep them a part of this by allowing them to travel to China as well!! 
This week has been a week of thoughts about fundraising. It is a little overwhelming, because I came up with so many ideas, but when you start piling all those ideas on top of each other, it gets a little confusing and exhausting. So, I wrote them down and will continue to pray over them. 
I felt led to have a theme for the Spring arts n crafts fundraising. I was not sure of what I wanted to do, so I began praying about it. When we first started our journey I was explaining it all to my sister, Missy, and asked her if she could help with the sewing. Of course, she said Yes!! She then went on to explain to me that she has also prayed that God would open her eyes and ears to ways to use the fabric that she had left over for a good cause!! :) During that same time period she began to notice sparrows flying around the same window and her garage. They came at the same time everyday and just pecked on the windows and door. She continued to pray and then it hit her to sew some stuff for our adoption to help raise money for our China baby!!! Fast forward a few months to our 1st Annual Sow to China Open House as I was cleaning house and getting everything ready, I opened the doors to just let the fresh air in and a sparrow flew in the house, around the kitchen and sat in my Christmas tree for just a little bit. I thought it was weird because a bird had never flown in my house!!! I walked outside and came back in and the sparrow had flown out. I did not think much about it until a few weeks later. I sent a message to my sister and let her know that it was a sparrow that had flown in and the night was totally blessed with an awesome turnout and we raised alot of money!! God works in wonderful wonderful ways!!!  Yes, I know you are probably thinking, she is one weird cookie!! Well, it hit me the other day when my mother n law mentioned that birds are really in right now. It was one of those Ah ha moments and I got really excited and said, "That's it!!!" Sparrows it is!!! Well, the verse that I have chosen and prayed over is:  

Psalms 84:3, 
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

When I decided on a verse, everything just seemed right and I had peace about it!! God is fabulous and amazing!! He asks that we don't get discouraged and not to give up, he is our continuous helper!!! He is the way, the truth and the life!!! He is higher than any other!! I praise him for it all, without him, nothing is possible!!

Please continue to pray that God will open doors and continue to bless this wonderful journey!!! Please continue to pray for us!!!!

Blessings and Love,

Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment