Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fingerprints

Well, we mailed off our finger prints last week and I can tell you that before mailing them I said a special prayer that God would carry them all the way and bless them every stop!! The process of getting the finger prints done and completing our CANS paperwork was simple compared to what we are about to start working on. When we arrived at Homewood Police Department to get the prints done the sheriff asked if we had enough change to have 4 sets completely and of course we had a $20.00 bill. He told us that we had to have $10.00 a piece to have them completed. We could only go back one at a time and we had to pay separately. Well, if you know my husband, that did not sit well with him. He stomped, huffed and puffed out the door. :) It was funny to me, but the sheriff did not like it. He said to me, "He does not have to be so grumpy about it."  I am doing yall a favor." I told him that we do not understand their policies and procedures and will gladly comply, but will do so in our way. He looked at me funny and I just smiled. He ended up being a pretty nice sheriff and I enjoyed having my finger prints completed and Steve as well. So, we got into the truck and finished signing some additional paperwork and packaged it up. I told Steve to make sure he signed everything!!! He assured me he did and I double checked and he did. Well, Monday, SBCN in Virgina contacted me and said that everything looked great except for one thing, You forgot to sign one page!!  Well, I felt like crawling in a hole, because I had been on Steve to make sure he signed everything and I double checked his signatures on all pages and failed to have someone check mine!! Steve thought it was quite funny!!! :)

God has put us on this journey and our faith sure has been tested lately!! The devil has been trying to show himself and we just continue to pray that God will continue to shine through us and show us the way!! It is amazing at how just reading back through this blog lightens up any darkness that may be trying to shine through. Steve shared with me a scripture yesterday that has kept my head up and kept us both full of joy!! Just hearing him say that yesterday lit up my face and my heart! Hearing God's word and digging into the bible for scripture to help us through the tough times is quite amazing!!

Psalms 78-23; Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven.

And another inspirational thought I read and posted to facebook this morning!!

o be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold-through your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6


God is so good and I am just amazed at how he continues to whisper and echo this sweet things to us!!!! God bless you all and keep us in your prayers!!! 


Love and Blessings Always,


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment